Monday, December 26, 2011

NBA Betting

Starting up NBA betting, just going to put it here as well to keep it written down. I would be highly cautious of taking my advice, I'm a lifelong laker fan but I barely know the top teams, let alone the league at large. Sort of similar to where I was coming into NFL betting, and I did manage to post a VERY minor profit through the first 4 weeks of the NFL before settling on my current structure and feeling ready to seriously test my handicapping. Again like football I'm going to be reformatting and counting separately the books after a while (maybe 3 weeks, depending on when I feel like I've learned a decent amount), win or lose.

Anyway. My picks for Christmas were (oh yea, 4k bankroll):
400 Bulls pickem (lucky ass number here, gogo using vegas odds, and I got very lucky as the bulls didn't look as good as I thought/lakers looked better)
200 LAC -4 (wow the clippers looked like shit, outside shots and no rebounds, but too much star power + they covered easily)
200 Celtics +4.5 (veterans did work against the new talent, wasn't as close as it looks by the numbers as celtics led much of the 4th, and we covered easily here too)

Reasoning here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJZbeaobRnQ


3-0 not bad start, and of course as I said above ALL SKILL ALL PLANNED I'M #1.

Picks for tonight (+800 current):
200 OKC -5 @ Min
200 Dallas -4.5 v Den

Rolling with the talent in both cases. In the OKC game, it is a back-2-back game for them, but they are youngish and should be alright with it. There's an advantage to having played a season opener already and being more comfortable than Min will be, too. Not that I know a ton about basketball, but I don't think much of Minnesota.

The Dallas game, same things can be said, although back-to-back I think a little tougher for them. Hoping they make steps towards adjusting to loss of Chandler. Mainly after the loss to the heat they'll really want to win this game, esp. with the lack of credit given to them by the media, and maybe vegas figures the public will back off them a little so this line is smaller I think when it should be larger because Dallas wants to win. It's still kind of large against a Denver team that's worked well as a unit. But no star power, and I will take the defending champs, even with the line.

I say much the same here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgOqtBXfhFQ


Just a quick NFL update 1-0-1 this week, sitting at like +840 I believe. Lock to play tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment