Sunday, November 20, 2011

Get the fuck up, this boat is real (kinda)

I'm on a boat and... I'm goin fast and.. I got a nautical themed pashmina afghan. Alright, enough of that. Also enough of testing the waters, after 10 weeks, and 6ish weeks of the 5-book format. I'm starting to get a sense of what works and what doesn't, enough that I want to prepare for playing for keeps in the 2012-13 season by pretending I'm playing for keeps now. So I'm making a book 6, and this is just those bets I would actually put money on. I know the format here is kind of weird, with me watching different types of bets to see how I like them, but if you want to see where I feel strongest, you can look to book 6. And it should be no shocker that book 6 is going to be almost an exact duplicate of book 1, with a smattering of money line plays akin to book 4 (that is, to win 100, possibly balanced so that a 3/4 split is a breakeven point where I feel better than 75% about the games, and not large money line plays to win 300) and possibly a parlay or two from book five.

Going to start it zero sum, even though I could say I've been doing well on best bets and since this will be almost a duplicate, I could try to estimate where it would be, but no. Also could say I'm lucky to be putting this together now and not before the Jets game, but as that was the 'best bet' I felt worst about (see youtube vid posted in week 11 post), I might have gotten away from it. Either way, it starts now, and I will be thinking about each bet like it's for money (that's why you'll see the parlays I do play as probably $100 plays, not $200 plays as in book 5). Of course, based off 4k bankroll, since that's what I plan on betting with next year.

Book 6: Fo Real (ish)
400 Buf + 3 (@ 115 - so 460 after juice)
200 Dal -7
200 NE -15
100 Jax -1 + Jax/Cle < 34.5

P.S. Adding one bet at least to book 2 on the wk 11 post

No comments:

Post a Comment